Business Development Representative
Care+Wear is a fast-paced startup located in the heart of NYC working to ensure each person feels like themselves in the hospital. We were founded in 2014 with a vision to incorporate fashion and innovation into healthwear solutions, striving to improve patient comfort and satisfaction while streamlining the treatment process for clinicians. We’ve been featured in press including the New York Times, Forbes, NPR, and on broadcast around the world.
We use a comprehensive design thinking approach, working in conjunction with the end users, clinicians and designers to create products that provide the highest quality, function and experience. We partner with a number of foundations and leagues, such as Stand Up 2 Cancer and MLB, and a portion of our profit is donated to our non-profit partners. We partner with brands like Oscar de la Renta and schools such as Parsons School of Design. We work with a number of retailers, leading medical distributors, and GPOs to distribute our products around the world. Today, the company is working with over 30 hospital systems globally including leading systems such as Mayo Clinic, Kaiser Permanente, UVA, and the Department of Veterans Affairs.
The Business Development Representative has the responsibility for owning a sales quota, and generating and developing leads throughout the entire sales cycle, by qualifying and setting appointments with large hospitals and healthcare systems directly or through relationship building with partners. He/She will work through a coordinated and cohesive strategy, including assisting in developing the segmentation and pricing approach, identifying and delivering relevant marketing and collateral, reaching out relentlessly and proactively via phone and email, visiting and walking in (COVID-19 dependent) to customers, scrubbing contact and conference lists for leads, and mining past wins and losses to expand business. In addition, the BDR will be tasked with producing reports and presentations (primarily Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), organizing shipments and tracking purchase orders, assisting in developing relevant processes, maintaining the CRM sales database, and advising on quarterly and yearly strategy. You will work closely with marketing to translate business development strategies into specific initiatives, additional market research projects, and selling activities.
- Own and achieve a sales quota
- Uncover, qualify and generate sales leads and new business opportunities
- Outbound prospecting through contact research
- Inbound lead qualification and follow up from marketing events, conferences, trade shows, email campaigns and website inquiries
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Present the company to potential clients
- Post sales account management to increase customer retention and satisfaction, and build long-term trusting relationships
- Track, follow, and coordinate sales operations activities and KPI’s
- Develop sales presentations and marketing content for new business opportunities
- Maintain the CRM database
- Collaborate with other teams (marketing, ops, product, etc.) on needed priorities
- Own/create the business development process and sales cycle as we build the team
- Provide insights and input on sales and product strategy, segmentation, pricing, and innovation opportunities
- Lead operational activities such as processes development, conference preparation, sample shipments, invoice creation, etc.
- Learn and grow through trainings and mentorship
- Have 2+ years of work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role (medical supplies & B2B experiences are a plus)
- Achieved Track record of working towards and achieving sales quotas and KPI’s
- Have experience with sales techniques (i.e. cold emails) with long sales cycle products
- Previously used CRM software tools (e.g. Salesforce, HubSpot, Zendesk Sell) and have familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Have developed excellent communication and negotiation skills, well organized, and systematic
- Shown an ability to deliver an engaging story and create compelling presentations and content to internal and external stakeholders
- Are coachable, passionate, self-motivated, resilient, and a “roll up the sleeves attitude”
- Completed a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration or relevant degree and/or have equivalent professional experience.