Finance and Accounting Associate
Care+Wear is a mission-driven startup that is reimagining how the world looks at and feels about healthcare. By bridging fashion and function, Care+Wear creates a more human healthcare experience for both patients and clinicians. Founded in 2014, Care+Wear works to promote dignity, style, and comfort by creating thoughtful products, designed in collaboration with clinicians, patients, designers, and manufacturers. At Care+Wear, we use a comprehensive design thinking approach, working in conjunction with end-users, clinicians, and designers like The Natori Company, Oscar de la Renta, and Parsons School of Design to create products that provide the highest quality, function, and experience.
Our Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for someone who will obsess over the details and the data, wear many hats and roll up their sleeves to help us execute in a highly dynamic environment. We need a flexible thinker and problem solver who is excited to be embedded into various cross-functional teams to help drive our impact through analysis and measurement of our investments into the business. This highly visible role requires a high aptitude for analytical problem solving, project and time management, and collaboration as you support our growing team.
- Manage and drive continuous improvements for the company’s accounts receivable processes ranging from issuing invoices to cash collection
- Own the company disbursements process including working cross functionally with departments to ensure invoice accuracy
- Complete monthly financial close responsibilities including preparing journal entries, bank reconciliations, and analysis of financial and operational data
- Support the Director of Finance & Strategy with company-wide financial planning including monthly budget versus actual reconciliations, quarterly reforecasts, and analysis of sales trend and business drivers
- Collaborate with business unit leaders by providing data driven insights from weekly business reviews
- Own and optimize internal communications by designing and implementing scalable accounting and financial reporting mechanisms through the use of Excel, QuickBooks, and other reporting tools
- Collaborate cross-functionally to improve systems, processes and policies by leveraging and honing unique skill sets
- Ad hoc projects and analysis to support executive-level, cross-functional decision making
You Should Have
- 2-4 years of financial audit, finance/FP&A, or investment banking experience; CPA preferred
- Prior AP/AR experience with QuickBooks a must
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to compile and analyze large sets of data
- Advanced use of Excel and willingness to learn SQL, Tableau/Alteryx, or other data analytic tools
- Demonstrated experience building new processes and working collaboratively to create infrastructure and efficiencies
- Acute attention to detail and highly organized
Ability to time manage and prioritize moving pieces effectively
- A passion for solving problems from end-to-end
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Phone/video screen with hiring manager
- Meet 2-3 of your potential colleagues across the company
- A “challenge” assignment and presentation of your findings which will give you a sense of the type of work you might be doing in this role and us a chance to see how you think
- Join the team!
How are we managing through the COVID pandemic?
Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety and to do our part in protecting the healthcare community that we play an important role in helping every day. We have implemented several best-in-class safety protocols to ensure our office is a safe and happy place to work and intend to embrace a hybrid work model that allows for 3 days in office, 2 days remote per week. With that in mind, we are looking for candidates that will be based full-time in/around NYC. We are an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Email us at email@example.com with your resume and why you’re a perfect fit for our team.