Care+Wear is a fast-paced startup located in the heart of NYC working to ensure each person feels like themselves in the hospital. We were founded in 2014 with a vision to incorporate fashion and innovation into healthwear solutions, striving to improve patient comfort and satisfaction while streamlining the treatment process for clinicians. We’ve been featured in press including the New York Times, Forbes, NPR,and on broadcast around the world.
We use a comprehensive design thinking approach, working in conjunction with the end users, clinicians and designers to create products that provide the highest quality, function and experience. We partner with a number of foundations and leagues, such as Stand Up 2 Cancer and MLB, and portion of our profits is donated to our non-profit partners. We partner with brands like Oscar de la Renta and schools such as Parsons School of Design. We work with a number of retailers, leading medical distributors, and GPOs to distribute our products around the world.
The Finance Associate will be our first Finance hire and work directly with the Head of Operations and CEO. He/She will help drive all decision-making with analytics and research. As with any startup role, you must be comfortable wearing multiple hats and picking up the slack if there is an opportunity to lend a hand. The Associate will drive the Company’s efforts to position itself as a visionary leader and help develop the Brand in creating innovative healthwear.
- Prepare insightful financial and operational analytics to support company initiatives and facilitate decision making
- Measure the performance of company, develop KPI reports that tell the story behind the data to non-technical team members and drive key business decisions
- Support colleagues on financial issues impacting their areas of accountability and help build/enhance reporting as necessary
- Support the strategic planning process; help develop annual operating plans and sales forecasts
- Assist in key month-end activities to provide oversight of completeness and accuracy of the monthly reports
- Generate budget vs actuals analysis, investigate and explain key variances, trends, and drivers
- Identify and track the KPIs that best measure Care+Wear’s business
- Own all accounts payable and accounts receivable and coordinate payments to suppliers and receipt of payments
- Participate in the process of creating quarterly presentations for our Board of Directors
- Perform in depth cost scenario and benchmarking analysis for multiple products
- Utilize cost methodologies, tools and appropriate software packages to prepare and maintain reliable and accurate cost data
- Contribute to cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures while monitoring trends
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and reports along with other necessary documentation at regular intervals to share with others in the business.
- Be a flexible team player able to step into a variety of roles based on business need
- 2+ years experience in financial planning & analysis, management consulting, or banking, and 1+ years in-house at an operating business
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or equivalent experience
- Mastery of Excel
- Analytical mindset and innate curiosity
- Attention to detail and willingness to dig into the numbers to gain key insights
- Excellent communication skills and comfort working across the organization
- Ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly while keeping others apprised of status with respect to deadlines
- Excellent software skills including spreadsheets, database management and presentations
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing operational strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives, providing personal leadership through example
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results driven and team oriented environment
- Unbelievably positive attitude
- A sense of humor
- Be willing to be all-hands-on deck and assist team members when needed
How to Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate "Finance Associate" in the subject line.