Head of Operations
Care+Wear is a fast-paced startup located in the heart of NYC working to ensure each person feels like themselves in the hospital. We were founded in 2014 with a vision to incorporate fashion and innovation into healthwear solutions, striving to improve patient comfort and satisfaction while streamlining the treatment process for clinicians. We’ve been featured in press including the New York Times, Forbes, NPR, and on broadcast around the world.
We use a comprehensive design thinking approach, working in conjunction with the end users, clinicians and designers to create products that provide the highest quality, function and experience. We partner with a number of foundations and leagues, such as Stand Up 2 Cancer and MLB, and a portion of our profits is donated to our non-profit partners. We partner with brands like Oscar de la Renta and schools such as Parsons School of Design. We work with a number of retailers, leading medical distributors, and GPOs to distribute our products around the world.
We are looking for someone who is exceptionally thoughtful, detail-oriented, intellectually curious and brilliant to work directly with the CEO. You will be the company’s second-in-command and responsible for the efficiency of business. You will design and implement business operations, establish policies that promote company culture and vision, oversee operations of the company and executives, oversee supply chain and distribution, help us utilize data and analytics in all key decision-making, and thorough cost analysis. As the Head of Operations, you will drive results by unleashing creativity and accountability in a performance oriented culture among a group of diverse and talented individuals.
You will drive the Company’s efforts to position itself as a visionary leader and help develop the Brand in creating innovative healthwear. The ideal candidate will have strong personal accountability for results, strong commitment to teamwork in support of the company’s success, adherence to ethical business practices, and comfort operating in a start-up environment with an ability to prioritize and drive actions to closure
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Perform in depth cost scenario and benchmarking analysis for multiple products
- Work closely with internal partners, including but not limited to Quality, Warehousing, Logistics, Product and Customer Experience teams
- Establish company policies that promote company culture and vision
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes
- Motivate and lead a high performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the executive team not currently in place; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company
- Significant experience in comparable industries with a proven track record of excellence and leadership
- Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing operational strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives, providing personal leadership through example
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning
- Successful track record of helping to create and build a brand
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results driven and team oriented environment
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
- Experience in healthcare / fashion (preferred)
- Previous experience in investment banking / consulting (preferred)
- Unbelievably positive attitude
- A sense of humor
Care+Wear is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate "Head of Operations" in the subject line.