Head of Operations
About the job
Care+Wear is a fast-paced startup located in the heart of NYC working to ensure each person feels like themselves in the hospital. We were founded in 2014 with a vision to incorporate fashion and innovation into healthwear solutions, striving to improve patient comfort and satisfaction while streamlining the treatment process for clinicians. We’ve been featured in press including the New York Times, Forbes, NPR, and on broadcast around the world. We were named the 4th fastest growing company in America by the Financial Times in 2022 (20th in America by Inc. Magazine in 2021).
We use a comprehensive design thinking approach, working in conjunction with the end users, clinicians and designers to create products that provide the highest quality, function and experience. We partner with a number of foundations and leagues, such as Stand Up 2 Cancer and MLB, and a portion of our profits is donated to our non-profit partners. We partner with brands like Oscar de la Renta and the Natori Company and schools such as Parsons School of Design. We work with a number of retailers, hospitals, leading medical distributors, and GPOs to distribute our products around the world.
We are looking for someone who is exceptionally thoughtful, detail-oriented, intellectually curious and brilliant to work directly with the CEO. You will be the company’s operational leader and be responsible for the efficiency of business. You will design and implement business operations, establish policies that promote company culture and vision, oversee operations of the company and executives, oversee supply chain and distribution, help us utilize data and analytics in all key decision-making, and thorough cost analysis. As the Head of Operations, you will drive results by unleashing creativity and accountability in a performance oriented culture among a group of diverse and talented individuals.
You will drive the Company’s efforts to position itself as a visionary leader and help develop the Brand in creating innovative healthwear. The ideal candidate will have strong personal accountability for results, strong commitment to teamwork in support of the company’s success, adherence to ethical business practices, and comfort operating in a start-up environment with an ability to prioritize and drive actions to closure
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth, overseeing the company’s OKR kick-off, planning, distribution and execution
- Work closely with internal partners, including but not limited to Warehousing, Logistics, Product, Marketing, B2B Sales and Customer Experience teams
- Establish company policies that promote company culture and vision
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes
- Motivate and drive a high performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the executive team not currently in place; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization
- Oversee backend of all retail and partnerships for the company
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company
- Own and manage all HR and recruiting for the company
- Significant experience in consumer products or fashion with a proven track record of excellence and leadership (required)
- Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing operational strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives, providing personal leadership through example
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning
- Successful track record of helping to create and build a brand
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results driven and team oriented environment
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
- Experience with companies selling both D2C and B2B
- Previous experience in investment banking / consulting (preferred)
- Minimal travel as needed
- Unbelievably positive attitude
- A sense of humor
- Interview screen with the CEO
- Meet a few of your potential colleagues across the company
- A “challenge” assignment and presentation of your findings, which will give you a sense of the type of work you may be doing in this role and us a chance to see how you think
- Join the Care+Wear family!!
How are we managing through the COVID pandemic?
Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety and to do our part in protecting the healthcare community that we play an important role in helping every day. We have implemented several best-in-class safety protocols to ensure our office is a safe and happy place to work and have embraced a hybrid work model that allows for 3 days in office, 2 days remote per week. With that in mind, we are looking for candidates that will be based full-time in/around NYC. We are an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Salary Expectations: Salary ranges between $150,000-$200,000 with a bonus and equity as well
How to Apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com and indicate "Head of Operations" in the subject line.