Manager, Operations & Logistics
Role: (Senior) Manager, Operations & Logistics
Open: December 2020
Reports to: Head of Operations
Care+Wear is a mission-driven startup located in the heart of NYC working to ensure each person feels like themselves in the hospital. We were founded in 2014 with a vision to incorporate fashion and innovation into healthwear solutions, striving to improve patient comfort and satisfaction while streamlining the treatment process for clinicians.
At Care+Wear, we use a comprehensive design thinking approach, working in conjunction with the end users, clinicians and designers like Oscar de la Renta and Parsons School of Design to create products that provide the highest quality, function and experience. We work with a number of leading hospitals, retailers, medical distributors, and GPOs to distribute our products around the world. 2020 was a pivotal year for the company and 2021 is poised to be even bigger with several exciting product launches that will take our brand and reach to the next level. Join the team that will help lay the foundation for the future of the company!
Our Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for an analytical, entrepreneurial, customer-obsessed individual to join our team as our (Senior) Manager of Logistics & Fulfillment. You will report directly to the Head of Operations and join our NYC Headquarters team.
We need a flexible thinker and problem solver who can also drive processes. You will be responsible for making our operations run smoothly from the point when our products leave the factory through delivery of the product to customers. You’re a strong negotiator, analyst and business partner internally and externally. We’re looking for someone who will obsess over the details and the data, helping us build a scalable platform as we're growing quickly and taking on a high degree of complexity in our business. If rolling up your sleeves and helping invent and reinvent processes in a highly dynamic environment is exciting to you, we’d love to hear from you!
- Own the customer experience from fulfillment and delivery through to post-order customer support
- Drive KPIs around on-time delivery, order fulfillment accuracy, inventory control, and more
- Own relationship with our 3rd party warehousing partners for all ecommerce sales, including to support our Amazon sales channel
- Develop and implement technology, procedures and processes that will drive efficiency, streamline operations and support the business as it scales
- Work with departments across the company to reduce fulfillment errors and work toward a seamless, error free customer experience
- Manage all product forecasting in partnership with product, marketing and finance
- Provide analytics and visibility through performance dashboards to all stakeholders
- Develop/implement process and system enhancements to reduce costs and improve operational efficiency, accuracy, and customer service levels
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with core warehouse providers to ensure outlined service requirements are being met
You Should Have:
- 3-7 years relevant experience with successful track record of managing operations in a customer-focused business that sells physical products at significant scale
- Experience with managing cost performance and improving inventory management, order management, and warehouse relationships, management systems and processes (familiarity with Shopify and Amazon are a major plus!)
- Prior experience in a start-up and/or in a business with rapid growth
- Acute attention to detail and highly organized
- Highly analytical and critical thinker with a demonstrated ability to structure and conduct analysis to generate insights and recommendations
- An eagerness to identify opportunities, find solutions, execute plans, and evaluate results critically
- A passion for solving problems from end-to-end
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and positively influence at all levels
- Self-directed with the ability to work in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Phone/video screen with hiring manager
- Meet 3 of your potential colleagues across the company
- A brief homework assignment and presentation of your findings which will give you a sense of the type of work you might be doing in this role and us a chance to see how you think
- Meet our CEO who connects with every candidate we feel strongly about giving an offer to join the team!
- Target start date mid-Jan
How are we managing through the COVID pandemic? Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety and to do our part in protecting the healthcare community that we play an important role in helping every day. We are offering the option to work-from-home through at least February 2021 and are keeping a close eye on the evolving situation with safety as the top priority. While we are adjusted to working from home today, we do intend to return to our Financial District office when the time is right and are looking for candidates in this role that will be based full-time in/around NYC.
We are an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Email us at email@example.com with your resume and why you’re a perfect fit for our team.