Care+Wear is a mission-driven startup that is reimagining how the world looks at and feels about healthcare. By bridging fashion and function, Care+Wear is creating a more human healthcare experience for both patients and clinicians. Founded in 2014, Care+Wear works to promote dignity, style, and comfort through the creation of thoughtful products, designed in collaboration with clinicians, patients, designers, and manufacturers.
At Care+Wear, we use a comprehensive design thinking approach, working in conjunction with end users, clinicians and designers like The Natori Company, Oscar de la Renta and Parsons School of Design to create products that provide the highest quality, function and experience. 2020 was a pivotal year for the company and 2021 is poised to be even bigger with several exciting product launches that will take our brand and reach to the next level. Join the team that will help lay the foundation for the future of the company!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a passionate Business Development Representative to join our team. As a Business Development Representative, you will be helping hospitals around the world improve the patient experience as well as operational efficiencies, and transform healthcare from the bottom up.
As one of our first Business Development Representatives, you will set the standard for the role, and have a fast-track opportunity to grow into an Account Executive position. By helping us acquire new business by researching, proactively seeking, and qualifying new opportunities with some of the most esteemed healthcare organizations in the world, you will be the very first impression a prospective customer has of Care+Wear, so your passion to drive our enterprise business must remain #1.
To sum it up, we’re looking for someone who is outgoing, analytical, altruistic, enjoys solving problems, and has a self-starting entrepreneurial mindset.
- Involvement in all aspects of the design, product development and production life cycles
- Responsible for all production related shipping and organization (e.g. shipping labels,
- pack/send packages, label products, garment samples, warehouse samples), package
- tracking and issue resolution
- Collaborate and manage lab dip approval processes (e.g., maintain lab dip library, color comments, etc.)
- Support sourcing initiatives for key product details such as trims, zippers, etc.
- Communicate with overseas factories throughout the production process
- Support Head of Product in researching new product / market opportunities and fielding inbound inquiries for design/production collaborations
- Partner cross-functionally on customer research, creating Purchase Orders and other related details as they relate to the design process and more!
You should have:
- 1+ years experience in Apparel Product Development and Production; relevant internship experience can be considered
- Must have strong follow-up skills and can communicate with a wide range of personalities, from our CEO, to our vendors and suppliers, to our customers
- Must have strong organizational skills, good judgement, and meticulous attention to detail
- Must have enthusiasm for learning and problem solving – in a startup this is crucial!
- Ability to flourish in fast-paced and ambiguous environments and are always willing to roll-up your sleeves to help the team
- A passion for what we’re building at Care+Wear
- Phone/video screen with hiring manager
- Meet 2-3 of your potential colleagues across the company
- A “challenge” assignment and presentation of your findings which will give you a sense of the type of work you might be doing in this role and us a chance to see how you think
- Join the team!
How are we managing through the COVID pandemic?
Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety and to do our part in protecting the healthcare community that we play an important role in helping every day. While we are adjusted to working from home today, we do intend to return to our Financial District office and are looking for candidates in this role that will be based full-time in/around NYC.
We are an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.