Care+Wear is a mission-driven startup that is reimagining how the world looks at and feels about healthcare. By bridging fashion and function, Care+Wear is creating a more human healthcare experience for both patients and clinicians. Founded in 2014, Care+Wear works to promote dignity, style, and comfort through the creation of thoughtful products, designed in collaboration with clinicians, patients, designers, and manufacturers.
At Care+Wear, we use a comprehensive design thinking approach, working in conjunction with end users, clinicians and designers like The Natori Company, Oscar de la Renta and Parsons School of Design to create products that provide the highest quality, function and experience. 2020 was a pivotal year for the company and 2021 is poised to be even bigger with several exciting product launches that will take our brand and reach to the next level. Join the team that will help lay the foundation for the future of the company!
Our Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for an experienced product manager who is adept at driving process, is a creative problem solver, excellent project manager and has expertise in the details of bringing a garment from concept to production.
This is a brand new role so you will have the chance to help write the playbook (while executing it!) as we continue to grow our presence in the healthwear space for patients and clinicians.
- Manage development and production timelines and calendars by maintaining all WIP spreadsheets/trackers and obsess over meeting and exceeding timelines
- Project manage new development including communications with overseas and domestic vendors on fabric selection, lab dips, strike offs, trim and all garment approvals and/or rejections and working with vendors to trouble shoot / address all product development and production related issues
- Manage QA analysis and solutions including overseeing third party inspections
- Ensure garments and materials are undergoing all relevant testing to meet quality and safety standards
- Clearly and effectively communicating expectations to factories
- Review tech/spec packs and manage fit sessions (record, plan of action, follow-up on corrections, etc.)
- Develop solutions that will ensure production stays within budget and seek alternate means to find savings where possible and appropriate
You should have:
- 8-10 years experience in Apparel Product Development and Production preferred; Production experience a must
- Knowledge of manufacturing, including construction, compliance, lab testing requirements; Experience communicating with overseas factories
- Strong knowledge of sourcing, sampling, and the costing process
- Experience overseeing fit sessions, knowledge of construction details/technical capability
- Superior organizational skills, detail-oriented, excellent follow-up, negotiation and communication skills
- Proactive problem-solver.
- Proven ability to independently and consistently manage risk at all stages of product development
- Phone/video screen with hiring manager
- Meet 3 of your potential colleagues across the company
- A “challenge” assignment and presentation of your findings which will give you a sense of the type of work you might be doing in this role and us a chance to see how you think
- Join the team!
How are we managing through the COVID pandemic?
Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety and to do our part in protecting the healthcare community that we play an important role in helping every day. While we are adjusted to working from home today, we do intend to return to our Financial District office and are looking for candidates in this role that will be based full-time in/around NYC.
We are an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.