Chief of Staff
Care+Wear is a fast-paced startup located in the heart of NYC working to ensure each person feels like themselves in the hospital. We were founded in 2014 with a vision to incorporate fashion and innovation into healthwear solutions, striving to improve patient comfort and satisfaction while streamlining the treatment process for clinicians. We’ve been featured in press including the New York Times, Forbes, NPR, and on broadcast around the world. We were named the 4th fastest growing company in America by the Financial Times in 2022 (20th in America by Inc. Magazine in 2021).
We use a comprehensive design thinking approach, working in conjunction with the end users, clinicians and designers to create products that provide the highest quality, function and experience. We partner with a number of foundations and leagues, such as Stand Up 2 Cancer and MLB, and a portion of our profits is donated to our non-profit partners. We partner with brands like Oscar de la Renta and the Natori Company and schools such as Parsons School of Design. We work with a number of retailers, hospitals, leading medical distributors, and GPOs to distribute our products around the world.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who is exceptionally thoughtful, detail-oriented, intellectually curious and brilliant to work directly with the CEO and management team. This person is someone who is comfortable context switching, wearing many hats, extremely detail oriented/organized and excited about running projects across a wide range of topics and teams. This is a fast paced and collaborative role with a unique window into the company through being a point person with our CEO day-to-day. Success in this role might look like an 18-24 month “rotation” as a chance to learn our business inside and out and then moving into a leadership role in our company. This role reports directly to the CEO and is based in our NY office.
Preparation, planning and project management for our CEO and team
- Collaborate with leadership each week to prepare for key internal meetings (Executive meeting, weekly all-hands, etc.) including decks, talking points, etc.
- Connect the dots across the organization as the extra arms and legs for our CEO
- Take notes in calls with the CEO and ensure proper follow up internally and externally
- Set up and execute both internal and external communications for the CEO
- Ensuring all work is client-ready and could be splashed on the front of the WSJ with no issues
- Own and manage CEO’s calendar including calendaring meetings with internal and outside stakeholders
- Ensure full visibility of calendar and coordinating with the CEO on a daily basis to ensure the time is used to its max potential
Project management and special projects
- Be the glue across the team on cross-functional efforts including but not limited to market research, new partnerships or product launches and more
- Collaborate with department leads to develop, track, and target company-wide success metrics across our leadership and company-wide reviews
- Be a culture carrier and own our internal recognition strategy/budget to include team events, celebrations, quarterly community engagement efforts and more
- Own office budget (including meals, events, supplies) and be responsible for coordinating all guests, visitors, and packages
- Coordinate new hire orientation, team-wide meetings, and ensuring the Care+Wear team is fully successful
- Own all communication with landlord and manage any and all issues in the office space
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2-4 years of experience in consulting, investment banking, startup, project management, operations management or special projects type function. Healthcare experience preferred, but not required
- Independent self starter who operates well in ambiguity, and does not require heavy direction to successfully achieve their day to day goals
- Experience partnering well with executives, especially managing up to senior internal or external stakeholders
- Organized, detail oriented, reliable and proactive person who is looking for a role where they can learn from the executive team of a fast growing healthcare company
- Extremely mission driven, i.e. want to humanize the healthcare industry
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- A sense of humor
- Phone/video screen with the CEO
- A brief homework assignment and presentation of your findings which will give you a sense of the type of work you might be doing in this role to give us a sense of how you think
- Meet 3 of your potential colleagues across the company
- Join the team! Targeting a January / early February start date
How are we managing through the COVID pandemic?
Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety and to do our part in protecting the healthcare community that we play an important role in helping every day. We have implemented a number of best-in-class safety protocols to ensure our office is a safe and happy place to work and have embraced a hybrid work model in the long run. As the right hand for the CEO, this position will be expected to be with the CEO when in the office and potentially travel as required. With that in mind, we are looking for candidates that will be based full-time in/around NYC.
We are an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Salary ranges between $60,000-$90,000 with a bonus and equity as well
How to ApplyEmail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and why you’re a perfect fit for our team with “Chief of Staff” in the subject line.