Care+Wear is a fast-paced startup located in the heart of NYC working to ensure each person feels like themselves in the hospital. We were founded in 2014 with a vision to incorporate fashion and innovation into healthwear solutions, striving to improve patient comfort and satisfaction while streamlining the treatment process for clinicians. We’ve been featured in press including the New York Times, Forbes, NPR, and on broadcasts around the world.
We use a comprehensive design thinking approach, working in conjunction with the end users, clinicians and designers to create products that provide the highest quality, function and experience. We partner with a number of foundations and leagues, such as Stand Up 2 Cancer and MLB, and a portion of our profit is donated to our non-profit partners. We have collaborated with brands like Oscar de la Renta and schools such as Parsons School of Design. We work with a number of retailers, leading medical distributors, and GPOs to distribute our products around the world. Today, the company is working with over 80 hospital systems and governments globally including leading systems such as the Mayo Clinic, Kaiser Permanente, and UVA.
Our ideal Product Associate loves rolling up sleeves and getting into the detail. You will report directly to the Head of Product and be tasked with building our products from concept to launch, including all facets of, product development, design, and production. This candidate must be team-oriented, reliable and collaborative, with the ability to navigate a fast-paced environment. You will have the opportunity to grow with the company and is based in our NY office.
- Involvement in all aspects of the design, product development and production life cycles
- Collaborate and manage the lab dip approval process (e.g., maintain lab dip library, color comments, etc.)
- Work with leading designers such as Oscar de la Renta and students at Parsons School of Design to build and develop industry-leading healthwear products
- Partner with the Head of Product to develop and execute on the 5 year product development strategy
- Drive and optimize lead times and activities from development to the end user
- Maintain development and production costing for all products
- Efficiently map out and report on category trends, competitive launches/movements, and emerging technologies
- Ensure Care+Wear products maintain the highest standards
- Manage inspections with outside inspection factories (e.g., schedule inspections, communicate needs, send supporting documents, evaluate results and take action based on inspections)
- Submit and follow up on testing to ensure the quality level of the products are in the limits for the defined quality standards
Sourcing and Supply Chain
- Work independently with vendors around the world from finding new suppliers, developing relationships, and building prototypes and products with our various factory partners
- Develop and create timelines with the Head of Product and vendors on lab dips, raw material sourcing and approvals to ensure production delivery deadlines are met
- Negotiate costs directly with vendors and analyze where there is opportunity for improvement
- Communicate with vendors and suppliers to address development and resolve production issues
- Partner with our freight forwarders and operation teams as they process the inbound logistics of the POs
- Work with our operations team to ensure best-in-class inventory management and inventory turnover
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to ensure seamless communication and knowledge across the team
- Participate in special events including but not limited to health fairs, promotional events and conferences
- Travel as needed as dictated by the business
- College degree in fashion design or a related field preferred
- Must have minimum 1 year apparel experience in design, product development and/or production
- Can communicate with a wide range of personalities, from our CEO, to our vendors and suppliers, to our customers
- Must have strong organizational skills, good judgement, and meticulous attention to detail
- Must have enthusiasm for learning and problem solving – in a startup this is crucial!
- Strong sense of trends, style and color
- Must have an understanding of garment development and production processes
- Must have strong follow-up skills
- Knowledge of raw materials, as well as, construction techniques and tech pack development is a plus
- Must be team-oriented, reliable and collaborative, with the ability to navigate a fast-paced environment
- Relentless self starter that is constantly prioritizing your work with an ability to be taking on numerous projects at once
- Extremely mission driven, i.e. want to humanize the healthcare industry
- Utilizes strong time management skills to successfully multi-task
- Ability to flourish in fast-paced and ambiguous environments and are always willing to roll-up your sleeves to help the team
- Displays a sense of urgency; manages time efficiently and can meet tight deadlines
- Fluency in Microsoft (PowerPoint and Excel) and Adobe (Illustrator and Photoshop) products preferred
- Must have a sense of humor and MUST bring a SMILE everyday to work
Care+Wear is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your resume and any previous design work to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!