Care+Wear is a fast-paced startup located in the heart of NYC working to ensure each person feels like themselves in and out of the hospital. Founded in 2014 with a vision to incorporate fashion and innovation into healthwear solutions, striving to improve patient comfort and satisfaction while streamlining the treatment process for clinicians. Care+Wear has been featured in press including The New York Times, Forbes, NPR, and on broadcast around the world, and named the 4th fastest growing company in America by the Financial Times in 2022 (20th in America by Inc. Magazine in 2021).
We use a comprehensive design thinking approach, working in conjunction with the end users, clinicians and designers to create products that provide the highest quality, function and experience. We partner with several foundations and leagues, and a portion of our profits are donated to our non-profit partners. We partner with brands like Oscar de la Renta and the Natori Company and schools such as Parsons School of Design. We work with many retailers, hospitals, leading medical distributors, and GPOs to distribute our products around the world.
The Product Manager will work directly with the Chief Product Officer on all facets of healthwear clothing and linens. This position will be tasked with building our products from concept to launch, including all elements of product development, and production. This candidate must be team-oriented, reliable and collaborative, with the ability to navigate a fast-paced environment. You will have the opportunity to grow with the company based in our New York office.
- Work with the Chief Product Officer on all product development and production
- Manage product lifecycle from inception to completion of product
- Create and keep detailed documents of all items sourced inclusive of, but not limited to: product descriptions, status of samples, pricing, sample specs, thread count, weights, MOQs, lab dips, trims, and more
- Responsible for sourcing, negotiating, tracking and documenting every step in the process
- Engage and facilitate daily communication with vendors to address all product development and production related issues
- Manage all garment fittings and create / update all product tech packs
- Manage time and action calendars
- Oversee third party inspections and related documentation
- Needs to clearly communicate and coordinate with the logistics and marketing departments on items such as product updates, size guide shifts, etc. to ensure the website and Amazon channels properly reflect product
- Partner with the marketing team to ensure samples for photoshoots are ordered and delivered in a timely manner
- Work hand in hand with Sales team to complete formal documents to win business in the linen space
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience preferably in the linen industry; knowledge of garment development and production helpful
- Understanding of fit, construction, measuring and evaluating samples, materials, workmanship
- Experience creating time and action calendars, tracking charts, tech packs
- Experience working with overseas factories
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical people
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle, and prioritize multiple requests
- High level of accountability with a proven track record of ownership and problem solving
- Exceptional follow-through
- Comfortable in fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, with the ability to flex into responsibilities outside of role to support business growth
- Excellent software skills including spreadsheets / Excel, presentations, and Photoshop
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results driven and team oriented environment
Be willing to be all-hands-on deck and assist team members when needed
What is our in-office policy?
We embrace a hybrid work model that allows for 3 days in office, 2 days remote per week. With that in mind, we are looking for candidates that will be based full-time in/around NYC. We are an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We are an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Salary Expectations: Salary ranges between $80,000 to $100,000 with a target bonus and equity as wellHow to Apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com